Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Welcome






Welcome!


I wanted to introduce this page to you and the heart of the ministry behind this site so you can connect to what God is doing with our lives. 

First, I want you to know, I am a FOLLOWER of Jesus Christ.  I am not perfect, but living in pursuit of the genuine presence of The Holy Spirit in my daily life. I believe it's important to recognize the simple call to a personal flame of devotion that shapes the very fabric of your being.  Many times I see ministers and ministry members pursue the "call" of God on their lives while actually forsaking the personal relationship that is critical to any form of "success" through ministry avenues. A critical part of my personal ministry is to empty the pool of lukewarm living, by pointing out the need of personal devotion before public exploits. 

Second, I am a thankful husband to a beautiful Proverbs 31 woman named Jessie.  I realize that outside of my personal salvation, my marriage is the first assignment I have in ministry. I believe in the partnership that is marriage.  I am thankful that I have someone that can keep me grounded, love me and keep me balanced everyday.  The thing that attracted me to my wife as much as anything is by seeing the way she served the Lord behind the scenes with honor and integrity. We met as we both were beginning ministry and one of the lessons I've learned is that the call of God truly is a family plan.  In this life, family can represent the "cares of the world", or they can be an amplifier to the mandate on our lives.  Jessie is truly a perfect example of the grace of God on my life. She doesn't complete me, she balances me and for that I'm grateful. 

Thirdly, I am a proud Father of a son that truly inspires me to live more fully everyday.  Samuel is a gift that God announced to me a full year before we knew he was on his way.  I remember being in one of our youth camps and the Lord spoke to me, "name him Samuel", so at that point I realized God was about to do something incredible in our lives.  Jessie and I embrace the responsibility and accountability of raising a man of God from birth.  Each day is a day to lead him and learn the simplicity of the Kingdom from him.  

Finally, I am consumed with seeing this generation to see Awakening and Revival. Not a come and go "season" of revival, but a sustained outpouring that resinates throughout history.  The heart of this website and blog posts are to shine a light on who we as the church are called to be, a city on a hill that cannot be hidden. I believe that it's important to read Matthew 5 and see ourselves in this passage.  Jesus speaks to the heart of all Christianity when he says, "Blessed are they that..." and then qualifies where His blessing abides.  In verse 14 He continues to give identity to His church.  He says, "you are the light of the world, a CITY ON A HILL THAT CANNOT BE HIDDEN".  When I read this I realize this is the heart of redemption, to see Gods people radiate with His presence on our daily lives. 

I pray that this site will connect to your heart and challenge you to leave all behind and chase after the heart of God!  There is AWAKENING and REVIVAL that is hitting this nation and I believe we are living in the greatest times in history!  This site is dedicated to seeing the name of Jesus glorified and His church edified.  Remember, you are a CITY ON A HILL



No comments:

Post a Comment